This was reported today Deputy head of the Department of supervision and preventive work of the Main Department of EMERCOM of Russia in Republic of Tatarstan, Colonel of internal service Maxim Troshin during a briefing on the topic: "About the situation with fires in the Republic of Tatarstan".
Presenting statistics for 10 months of this year, Maxim Trushchin said that 4957 fires were registered in the Republic during this time. This indicator is slightly better compared to the same period last year (5027). The victims of the fire element were 124 people, including three children, compared to last year's figures-124 and 11, respectively. 184 people (202) were injured in various degrees of severity. 410 residents of the Republic (386) were saved from the fire, and another 2580 were evacuated from the danger zone (1894).
The largest number of fires, dead and injured people in housing falls on:
- outbuildings on the territory of the household - 892 fires;
- apartment buildings - 534 fires;
- private residential buildings – 353 fires;
- garden houses, dachas, dacha houses-146 fires.
The main causes of fires in the Republic of Tatarstan in 2020 were:
- careless handling of fire-3,229 cases (65.14% of the total number of fires);
- violation of the rules of installation and operation of electrical equipment – 798 cases (16.1%);
- violation of the rules for the construction and operation of furnaces-555 (11.2%);
- arson – 133 cases or 2.68% of the total number of fires.
The main causes of fires that caused loss of life were:
- careless handling of fire;
- violation of the rules of installation and operation of electrical equipment and household appliances;
- violation of fire safety rules in the construction and operation of stoves;
- violation of the rules of installation and operation of gas equipment.